The management of Didessa Lodge near Nekemte has written to let is know about their new lodge in the Didessa Valley – more details at www.didessaresort.com – and also to recommend the following route through western Ethiopia:
Western Ethiopia Eco – Touristic Route – Via Didessa Green Valley Resort/Lodge :- One can enjoy the natural and ethnic diversity in Western Ethiopia.
1. This starts from Ambo, Wonchi crater lake, and Guder fall.
2. In Nekemte after 330km from Addis you can visit Kumusa Moroda 18th
century palace and Wollega Museum.
3. In Didessa Valley, Just only 50km from Nekemte, one can visit Didessa
River Fall, wildlife and birds watching, five tribes, and fishing,
trekking, and many other activities are available. Didessa Green Valley
Resort/lodge provides clean and best restaurant and accommodation
4. Further to Gimbi, there are organic coffee plantations, traditional
gold miners in Nejo and Assosa.
5. Dhati – Walal National Park is located in Kelem, near to Dembi Dolo
along this route.
6. Next, you can reach to Gambella where you can visit Gambella National
Park, Baro river, and diversity of ethnic groups.
7. The return route is through Gore- Mizan Teferi (Surma tribe )- Jimma
and then to Addis Ababa