I want to give you few update information from a month long trip in Ethiopia
- Pension taitu in bahir dar – this is one of the most awfull hotel in whole Eth !! it’s quite cheap but very, very unpleasant
- Hotel lalibela in lalibela – last time only with cold water, but the main problem is quantity of flees – its terrible!! In each mattress are tens of flees
- In churches in lalibela is the same – a lot of flees ofkrz on the floor
- From addis to harar, arba, dire dawa, bahir dar, Gondar and back once a day are direct connections by selam bus and sky bus – selam is definitely much better – it’s lasts 7-10 hours. Departure from meskel sq. 5.30 am or 6.00 am
- It is allowed to drive a car during the night – there is no fee or sth for that
- Hotel pikok in dire dawa – terrible! Awfull! I’ve found a lot of flees, cockroaches and bedbugs !!
- I want to recommend you pension wudie in bahir dar – 150 per night – mosquito net is in each room, very clean, after renovation – wudie is in front of pension tana
- Hotel taitu in addis – quite expensive, meals are very weak, sometimes you can find cockroaches in your room,
- Now currency is about 17,2 etb for 1 usd
- Difference between prices in your guidebook and contemporary prices is about 30-50 percent
- I bought trek in semien – 5 days – average, fair price should be between 250 – 350 usd – it’s depend on quality of service
- Hotel queen taitu in gonder – very good, fair prices
- Very good local club and restaurant in Addis – habesha on bole rd. quite cheap but I ate the best /but most expensive/ injera ever there!
John from Poland