– British Council has moved to near British Embassy, no longer has internet and newspapers, etc. for the public
– Several internet cafes and a few normal cafes now offer wifi; examples are Lime Tree on Bole road and Bon Café, right nearby. If transferring data from computers in internet cafes to laptops, users should make sure to have excellent antivirus software installed!
– Blue Tops has closed.
– ATMs accepting international credit cards now include Wagagen (sp?), which is in many of the large shopping centres on Bole and near Bole Medalem; the number of Dashen ATMs has also grown considerably
– SIM cards can be easily purchased throughout the city for 60ETB; 2 photographs (passport-sized) and a photocopy of ID are all that are required
– The Women Fuelwood Carrier’s Shop has moved to be nearer Entoto